- Corporate Social Responsibility is a priority topic for a business school whose aim is to prepare the management executives of today and tomorrow. The Center of Excellence – CSR was created in 2016 with the aim to explore how companies in India address this sensitive issue as we see this to be a growing area of importance in India.
- The Center of Excellence – CSR is an active promoter of the CSR culture among students and practitioners contributing to organize CSR internships for IMB students, guest lectures and conferences.
- It is to be noted that in India as per the Companies Act 2013, the Indian government has introduced a mandatory CSR Regulation for all companies above a certain size and based on profitability. India is, therefore, the first country in the world where committing and implementing CSR program by companies is compulsory.
- The concept is strongly supported by the Dean and the MD of SDA Bocconi Asia Center.
- Generate a social awareness among students, so that, as management practitioners, they are aware about the developmental needs of India
- Organize CSR internships for students with the support of the students’ Social Club.
- Create a comprehensive record of the annual internships undertaken and the learnings through field activity.
- CSR Research Project undertaken by Prof Paola Bielli on “CSR practices of European MNC operating in India”, 2016.
- A joint effort by SDA Bocconi Asia Center and CESVI (a leading Italian NGO)
- CSR Internship organized for the first time for PGPB6 students in June, 2018
- Blood donation camps organized from-time-to-time
Guest Speakers & Conferences:
- With support of relevant students’ clubs