CENTER OF EXCELLENCE – INSURANCE
One of the first centers to be conceptualized in October 2012 was the Centers of Excellence for Insurance.
Center’s Mission: Create a Global Knowledge Platform for Insurance both Life and General Insurance through deep research.
An Advisory Board consisting of industry leaders in Life Insurance, General Insurance and Reinsurance has been set up to act as a sounding board for all Projects that get initiated through the Centers Member.
- Mr. Deepak Sood, CEO Avantha-Ergo Life Insurance
- Mr. Sandip Bakshi, Managing Director & CEO ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- Mr. Praveen Vashishtha, Executive Chairman Howden Asia
- Mr. Ritesh Kumar, Managing Director & CEO HDFC Ergo General Insurance
- Mr. Roopam Asthana, Chief Executive Officer & Director Liberty Videocon General Insurance
- Mr. Hitesh Kotak, CEO MunichRe India Branch
- Mr. Julien Hautiere-Rey, Deputy CEO SBI Life Insurance
- Dr. Anjana Grewal (Ph.D) Senior Professor & Director COE SDA Bocconi Asia Center
YOUR RATIONALE FOR SELECTING THE CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN INSURANCE AS YOUR RESEARCH PARTNER
RESEARCH PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN
1. International Trends in Bancassurance – 2013
2. Client Study on Activation & Productivity Analysis of Agency Channel (Life Insurance Company) – 2014
3. Work in Progress-Solvency norms across Various Countries in the World – 2015
4. Consumer Behavior for Online Life Insurance Business – 2015-16
5. WIP – Understanding “Risk Related Corporate Buyer Behavior, Service Drivers and Perceptions of Insurance Providers in India” – 2017
We are constantly working towards creating a knowledge platform that will support Insurance industry in developing capabilities for the future. Solvency II Lab at SDA Bocconi, Milan will support Center of Excellence – Insurance in its endeavor.
TRANSFORMATION IN INSURANCE 2016
We organized the first edition of a conference focusing Insurance sector named ‘Transformation in Insurance’ in January 2016. It covered events like:
1. Roundtable on ‘TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP IN INSURANCE ’ – The event was blessed with the presence of eminent panelists represented by industry experts and thought leaders from the Insurance sector. It generated highly valuable debate and discussion on the topic of industry interest.
2. Research Paper Reading: Winner of the 1st edition of ‘CALL FOR RESEARCH PAPER’ was given an opportunity to read his paper on ‘Product Innovation in Non-Life Insurance Sector’.
3. Speaker’s Session: a guest speaker session on the topic ‘CAREERS IN INSURANCE’ was conducted to motivate students in exploring Insurance sector as a career option.
BUSINESS STANDARD INSURANCE ROUNDTABLE KNOWLEDGE PARTNER – 2015 AND 2017
BW BUSINESSWORLD LIFE INSURANCE SUMMIT 2017
Dr. Anjana Grewal moderated the panel discussion on the topic ‘Into the future of Life Insurance Distribution, she also represented as a panel member for the discussion on ‘Addressing the Persistency Problem’