SDA Bocconi Professor of Accounting, Control, Corporate and Real Estate Finance
Degree in Business Administration and Law, Bocconi University, Milan
Ph.D. in Business Administration, University of Pavia
Prof. Antonio Marra SDA Prof. SDA Professor of Accounting, Control, Corporate and Real Estate Finance Born in 1975. B.S. in Business Admistration and Law – Università Bocconi; M.Sc. in Corporate Taxation – Università Bocconi; M.Res in Accounting and Financial Management – Lancaster University Management School; Ph.D in Business Administration – Università degli Studi di Pavia. He is Certified CPA and Auditor.
Visiting Professor at Tippie College of Business, University of IOWA, (IOWA, USA; 2013-14), Zicklin School of Business (New York, 2008-2010) and Baruch College (New York, 2008-2010); Visiting Scholar at LUMS – Lancaster University Management School (2007). He is also coordinator of the MSc in Accounting and Law and member of the Executive Committee of the Department of Accounting.
- Links between Corporate Governance and Firm performance
- Earnings Management
- Auditing and related issues
Books and Book Chapters
- Corporate Governance Structures and Earnings Quality in Italy Pre and Post IFRS. Empirical evidence from Italy (forthcoming)
- Auditing, from the Engagement letter to the audit report. Il Sole24Ore (forthcoming) With Massimo Livatino, Università Bocconi & Serena Cova, PriceWaterhouseCoopers – (typed Italian).
- The first adoption of the international accounting principles in Italy, Chapter 17 (43 pages), in “The financial reporting according to IAS”, AA.VV. Giuffrè Editor, 2006. (typed in Italian).
- International Financial Reporting Standard. Accounting and Financial Reporting Using IFRS. 2015. withA.K. Pettinicchio & M. Semprini. McGraw Hill.
- CONSOLIDATION. Preparing and understanding consolidated financial statements under IFRS, McGraw-Hill International. 2013. withC. Gallimberti & A. Prencipe.
Strategy, Valuation, and Forecast Accuracy: Evidence from Italian Strategic Plan Disclosures, con S.P. Baginski, S. Bozzolan & P. Mazzola. European Accounting Review. Forthcoming.
Pros and Cons Debate on Fair Value Accounting in a Globalized Economy: A Never Ending Story?. Journal of Accouting Auditin and Finance. Forthcoming.
Comment Letter Frequency and CEO Turnover: a Dynamic Survival Analysis. Journal of Accountig Audiing and Finance. 2015. M. Gietzmann & A.K. Pettinicchio.
Are There Adverse Consequences of Mandatory Auditor Rotation? Evidence from the Italian Experience. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory. 2014. with M. Cameran, J. Francis, & A.K. Pettinicchio.
Is Corporate Board more effective under IFRS? or is “Just an illusion”, Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance. 2014. with P. Mazzola.
Corporate Boards, Audit Committees and Earnings Management: US recent evidence. Journal of Business, Finance, and Accounting. 2010. with A. Ghosh e D. Moon.
Corporate Governance and Earnings Management pre and post IFRS, The International Journal of Accounting, 2011, withP. Mazzola & A. Prencipe.